Many families find that using FuzziBunz® pocket diapers means no more diaper rash -- no more costly trips to the pediatrician, no more goops, sticky gels and pastes. No more Yuck. No more pain for baby!
Prevent Diaper Rash
To prevent rash, don't allow prolonged exposure to urine and feces.
- Wick moisture away. Use an insert with enough absorbency for your child to wick moisture away from skin.
- Change often. Change your baby's diaper whenever wet or dirty. Don't let the baby sit in a wet mess. If your baby has diarrhea, be especially vigilant about diaper changes.
- Watch what your baby eats. The introduction of new foods can sometimes result in diaper rash.
- New wipes? Perfumes and chemicals on commercial wipes can cause skin irritation. If you use cloth wipes, washed with your diapers, you can skip this possibility.
- Teething or cold? Sometimes teething or a common cold can cause diaper rash.
Don't Use Ointment
While babies using FuzziBunz® pocket diapers get far fewer diaper rashes, they can occur on occasion. Do not use any diaper rash ointment while using FuzziBunz®. We recommend changing the diaper often and allowing the baby to air dry as much as possible. If you are looking for remedies for diaper rash, you can also use a combination of a zinc oxide and cornstarch powder on baby's bottom to aid in healing.
Need more diaper rash information? Ask the Experts
When treating baby diaper rash, be sure to follow the advice of medical experts.
More Cloth Diaper Info